0S3 Movement Summer Bike 2022
Participating in Summer Bike Camp is about empowerment, building confidence, and above all-FUN!
June 27 through July 8, 2022 from 8am to 10am
0S3 Movement Summer Bike Camp are adventure-based, week-long, half day camp that teaches elementary and middle school-age kids urban bike safety skills and confidence through empowerment, education, and adventure. Much adventure!
Summer bike campers will
- Kids explore and learn the history, culture and nature of their town surrounding on their bicycles and discover this awesome places in a fun and healthy way.
- Learn how to bike safely and bike smart around town with their friends
- Develop bike repair and maintenance skills. Knowing how to change a flat or adjust your brakes is powerful
- Become a bike handling ninja
- Build independence and confidence. Meet new friends. Be active. Have FUN!
Sessions available for incoming
- 0S3 Reptilians Youth Cycling Team/Adventurers – High School – From June 20 though June 24 from 6:00 to 7:30pm
- Group A – Elementary – From June 27 though July 1 from 8 to 10am
- Group B – Middle School – From July 4 though July 8 from 8 to 10am
- Group A & B camps are 8:00 to 10 AM, Monday to Friday.
Kids begin and end each day at Fleischer Park in Nogales, Arizona. Kids begin the day at 8am and end at 10am.
The fee per kid is $0 to cover week camp expenses and space is limited but thanks to the AZ OnTrack Summer Camp grant program we are able to exclude fees to all kids and youth register for this summer bike camp 2022.
Here is a sample schedule to get an idea of what kids will experience at Summer Bike Camp:
Day 1: Orientation to Bikes, 0S3 Movement, Basic Bicycle Mechanics & Bike Safety. Participants learn about simple bike maintenance, bike sizing and fit, how to fit and wear a helmet and socialized with other youth.
Day 2: Safety and Accident Prevention. Participants learn the steps for entering the roadway without accident. They will learn to look back and forth for passing traffic and go when it’s clear. Day 2 special guest: TBA, Public Safety Officer from the Nogales Police Department.
Day 3: Inspection of Intersections and Road Signs. Participants learn to pull up to a stop sign, wait for pedestrians, then stop far enough out to see beyond any obstacles, position their pedals for a powerful take-off and go when there’s no conflicting traffic. Day 3 special guest: TBA from Team ADICT
Day 4: See and Be Seen. Participants learn to turn their heads to see what’s behind them without swerving their bike more than one foot to either side and without falling. Day 4 special guest: TBA
Day 5: Road Risks. Participants learn to dodge their front wheels around a “rock” at the last moment without veering more than one foot to either side and without falling. They also learn to go between two objects without hitting either. Day 5 special guest: TBA from Nogales Community Development.
Graduation celebration and ride at the “FNR” Friday Night Ride with the 0S3 Cycling Family. We meet at the Nogales “Little” Mercado in downtown Nogales, Arizona at 6:30pm.
Your support and donation means the world to us. We wish you and your business continued growth and prosperity in the months and years ahead. 0S3 Movement is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Tax ID #47-5422260
Want to sponsor this event, or provide a scholarship for low-income kids and youth to participate? Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 520-257-7756 with Melissa Gallegos, Program Director.