0S3 Reptilians Youth Cycling Team program
Want to make impact in your community, get fit, make new friends while having fun and making something positive? 0S3 Reptilians Youth Cycling Team program may be the place for you!!!
PONTE LA VERDE FOSFORESCENTE
0S3RYCT program is made up of Santa Cruz County middle and high school students. The team’s goal is to unleash confidence through FUN! while also empowering young people to be independent, strong and gritty.
0S3 RYCT PROGRAM IS DEVELOPED UNDER THESE ESSENTIAL 4 KEY LETTERS key letters T. E. C. H.
- TRAINING – Making a commitment to practice is essential to maximize the impact of training. After all, practice is the only way to become proficient in a new skill or behavior. We need to embrace the discomfort of being beginners in order to continue to grow and improve.
- EDUCATION – Learning new things gives us a feeling of accomplishment which, in turn, boosts our confidence in our own capabilities; you’ll also feel more ready to take on challenges and explore new adventures. Acquiring new skills will unveil new opportunities and help you find innovative solutions to problems.
- COMMUNITY – Involvement with your community helps prepare people to become responsible and active citizens, who understand the challenges local people face and work to improve the quality of life.
- HEALTH – Better health is central to human happiness and well-being. It also makes an important contribution to economic progress, as healthy populations live longer, are more productive, and save more.
0S3RYCT PROGRAM RUNS FOR 4 MONTHS STARTING THE FIRST WEEK OF JULY AND ENDING THE FIRST WEEK OF NOVEMBER
- JULY – LEARNING TECHNIQUE & PRACTICE (this month athletes will learn the essentials in MTB: Skills, Basic Mechanic, Safety, Team Unity and Respect “COVID-19”) During practices, athletes work on their skills while coaches work together to enforce the rules of the practice. Practicing sports encourages athletes to stay active and healthy, as well as develop communication skills and build self-confidence.
- AUGUST – PHYSICAL PREPARATION & ENDURANCE (this month athletes will be prepared physically, we will give them good nutrition and exercises tips to build endurance) Regular physical activity can help children and adolescents improve cardiorespiratory fitness, build strong bones and muscles, control weight, reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression, and reduce the risk of developing health conditions such as: Heart disease.
- SEPTEMBER – MENTAL DEVELOPMENT (this month athletes will be mentally prepared for competition or other outdoor activities by giving them the tools to properly perform these, but above all, to be safe and have fun) Just as in early childhood, brains in adolescence undergo a lot of growth and development. These changes will reinforce adolescents’ abilities to make and carry out decisions that will help them thrive now and in the future.
- OCTOBER – NOVEMBER – ACHIEVEMENTS (this month athletes will share their experiences from the program with their teammates, coaches and family members) Participation in sports for children and teens also requires them to learn vital time management skills, and offers them a range of appealing challenges. Physical activities provide young people healthy opportunities to learn skills, take risks, and achieve goals.
All abilities, beginners to elite and everyone in between, are welcome. We will split into small teams of mixed ages based on experience and ability to make sure everyone has a good time. Practices are led by trained coaches.
Practices are held at Monte Carlo Trails and rides and activities are randomly chosen every week by coaches.
0S3 RYCT PROGRAM PERKS:
- Participants will receive a complimentary “0S3 RYCT Jersey”
- Participants will receive a complimentary “0S3 Volunteers T-Shirt”
- If you already have a jersey or 0S3 Volunteer T-Shirt from a previous season that you can still wear, you can select to receive a merchandise discount code for the 0S3 Movement Store during registration
- Discount at Xtreme full service bike shop
- Helmet if participant does not have one
- Free registration to races in case of MTB racer
- Community Service hours
- A positive attitude
- Can comfortably ride 4-12 miles
- Bicycle in good mechanical condition
- No bike? No problem. We have several mountain bikes ready to be borrowed! Check availability.
We are strictly following NICA team level objectives during the COVID-19 pandemic:
Primary Objective: Reduce the potential of exposure for our participants, volunteer and staff by following, to the best of our ability, guidance from the CDC, state and local health departments as appropriate for NICA at the national, league and team level.
Secondary Objective: Within our abilities to follow the limitations defined by these health and governmental organizations, continue to offer NICA activities and events supporting the emotional and physical wellness of our participants as well as support participant connection to the NICA Community.
Live the experience, July 7-9- 11, 2020
Pre-Season, July, 2020
Season and Registration August, 2020
Race 1: September 19-20, 2020 – Flagstaff – Arizona Nordic Village
Race 2: October 10-11, 2020 – Prescott – Pioneer Park
Race 3: October 24-25, 2020 – Vail – McKenzie Ranch Trails Park
Race 4: November 7-8, 2020 – Fountain Hills – McDowell MRP
Race 5: November 21-22, 2020 – Goodyear – Estrella Mountain RP
WHY CHOOSE 0S3 RYCT PROGRAM?
We are an established and well respected non-profit organization. Our focus is on Youth Cyclists in the many flavors and skill levels. We provide fun rides for kids to ride with kids, and to learn skills in several cycling disciplines. The team involves the recreationally minded as well as those focused on racing.
WHAT WE DO AT 0S3 RYCY PROGRAM
The 0S3 Reptilians Youth Cycling Team is a youth cycling program by 0S3 Movement non-profit organization. Our mission is to provide youth aged 12-18 (middle School – High School) with a level of coaching and support to meet their personal needs. We have a variety of membership options – each with different approaches for recreational riding, training, racing, and coach involvement. We provide year-round track, road and mountain rides and coaching, with weekly activities in season, plus winter season cycling and indoor training for all members.
0S3 RYCT PROGRAM SHARES NICA’s FIVE CORE VALUES.
- INCLUSIVITY – no bench-warmers, every finish counts
- EQUALITY – no try-outs; everyone rides
- STRONG BODY – lifelong fitness and good health start here
- STRONG MIND – NICA student-athletes are students first
- STRONG CHARACTER – work hard, play fair, respect others and the community
0S3 Movement is affiliated to the National Interscholastic Cycling Association since 2019 and members of the Arizona Interscholastic Cycling League, South Conference.
0S3 RYCT “Reptilians Youth Cycling Team” Program is brought to you by 0S3 Movement, volunteers, collaborators and sponsors.
WHAT TO BE PART OF THE 0S3 RYCT PROGRAM OR BE A TEAM SPONSOR?
Please contact or Program Director, Melissa Gallegos at (520) 223-1149 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org